24.11.06

Have you, as have I?

Have you ever considered what life you're going to live? How it's going to be, with a lady next to you, or not? Or with a drunkard man who you will fight from dawn to dusk, over a small thing such as which school you should send your daughters to?

No, I haven't. I haven't the slightest idea what I want to be, I haven't the slightest goals in life, and I take things for granted- most of the time. Don't get me wrong however, I do appreciate my family and friends, but there are things in life that I reflect upon which I was never grateful upon, for example, having to do pre-university in The Land Down Under.

Decision, people, decisions. Have you made up your mind to study for the exam? How are you going to clean up the mess in your life.

I suppose you can say I'm in a pretty deep pit of shit right now, especially the part where I do not have an aim in life. Generally, yes, everyone wants to be successful, find a lady they love, get married, have 1023129308124 babies, and then die.

But do you want to die knowing you did almost nothing?

It's a pretty ironic subject to write about at 4.46 in the morning when I have an English paper in the morning, but consequences which happened earlier today just made me realise, I need to start living life.

Living life, no, it's not just about smoking pot and having good sex. It's just the few words that come out from my mother and sister which totally got me thinking the whole night.

Don't do to others, what you don't want others to do for you,

Potential, is what I see in you, Gene, and you're not using your potential to the optimum.

I've been studying to please my mother, and until today, I have done many things that hurt people. It's the male ego, the thought that you are and always will be better than others. And I dare say that one can think like that, after he/she accomplishes something in life.

But me, what have I done? True to say, there isn't much things that I can talk about which makes me proud, but there are a million things that I've done which I am not proud of.

I need to desire to be successful, and above all, I need to change my life to something which I can proudly tell my grandchildren, your grandfather has been a legend.

Then thou shalt die with honour.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

start today.

Anonymous said...

everyone wants to be successful but what's most important is the inside. and yes its not too late to start now.

Anonymous said...

this phase ure going through is gd because it makes u realize d things uve done, present experiences n encounters in d future. it measures ur strength emotionally to cope with future undertakings. if u think uve done too much wrong its still not too late to repent but u haf to put in great effort cos nothings easy in d world. u haf to remember dat not everyone is as successful as u think, n some of those uve hurt are acually experiencing d same thing so ure just bringing their self esteem down. remember, having a good conscience will surprise u by ur perfomances b it in studies/socializing.

The Bitch said...

In your last paragraph,gene,you've just said the STUPIDEST thing ever, and fuck,i expect alot more from you. To me,you're the last person in my mind who would say that. Or,perhaps, Never the one. Anyways,here's what i have to say about your post.

Firstly,you do have alot of stuff which you can be proud of.AND others would envy you having such skills.I'll leave you to ponder about that. And it's not just about 'kau lui'.tiu that one i also can.

Secondly, i always think that there's a turning point in everyone's life. And yours has finally arrived. Remember this,before this happened, you knew you had potential,deep inside. You knew you were good. So dont speak as if you'd been some lost bitch all along. It's not very healthy as it brings down your character. You just felt bad after what your mum has said about you and knowing the situation you're in now, IT made it all worse for you. Chill,learn from mistakes la.

Thirdly,about what you wanna do in the future - no one knows for sure what the fuck they wanna do.and even if they do,how fuckin sure are they that that's the job they want?the dream career? Say i'm interested in Law now,but how sure i am that i'll still be interested in a few years time? There's no such fuckin possibilty that what everyone is doing now will be certain tomorrow. What we can do,and should do,is this - do what you feel like doing NOW.and dont worry about regretting it later for when you do,in the future,there'll be alternative roads for you.and hell,if you do regret,fucker are you just gonna lament about what should have been done and all these perfet vision shit?no right..

So chill la.i'm here man.oh well...yes,im still quite pei now.