"You serious you want to sing?" -Gavin
"I damn shy laaaa." -Iylia.
It all happened during lunch hour. Ching Yi and Koi Lin were bugging Iylia to sing Dygta in the Autumn Music Festival. And immediately, I persuaded Iylia to go home and start practising. Before we got home, we 'tried' to register from Felicity, and she said she can't slot us in. Nevertheless, we went to see Jane, Tiok Nee and Chee Leung practise in Grattan St, and I took back my guitar from Chee Leung. He said that Mushira's group pulled out, so we probably could replace them.
So we went back. I gave a call to Chee Leung asking him to help me tell Mushira that I'm taking over her slot. And she said okay.
Iylia didn't remember the lyrics. I couldn't play the solo (yet). Gavin came back from class at 3.15. Three of us settled in 912 Digital Infinity of Arrow and practised, and halfway jamming, I fell asleep, Iylia played Team Fotress and Gavin.. shuffling.
Iylia took his shit while memorizing the song. I was trying out the solo the whole day. We wanted to play Dygta (no instrument) and Hero from Enrique Iglesias.
Alas, we decided to play only Hero from Enrique Iglesias. When I was in the lecture hall waiting for the performances to start, I got really nervous. I took my guitar outside, started to practise my solo. Iylia and the rest got out, gave me support, and it was like 30 minutes before our performance, and we ammended it again. We added Dygta's first verse and chorus, then a slow transit to Enrique Iglesias.
When we entered the lecture hall again, it was Bryan singing James Blunt's You're Beautiful. Then Felicity started asking if anyone was replacing slot number 13. And I only dared to put up my hand after Iylia did. Felicity didn't really wanna put us in cause they were already off schedule.
Kevin's band intimidated us. We almost wanted to pull out after hearing him sing. Fantastic "Only One" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".
When Jane's band sang, I really thought we couldn't make it already.. was quite sad. Then Felicity said "So which is the group that thinks you're going to replace number 13? Are you still playing?"
Hell yeah we are.
Iylia got up. I got up. Gavin got up. We took our seats. Ching, Koi and Mel were shouting already.
It was great. I didn't get my tabs wrong at all. The crowd was wild. Iylia was charming. Gavin was cute.
cheeleung says:
i think u all got more crowd support than the earlier band
[ t i o k n e e ] says:
u r performance just now was damn good !
Shen Jian says:
hey
Shen Jian says:
congrats man
Shen Jian says:
performed well damn good !
Jay Tsen says:
eh... u all rocked la..seriously..
Jay Tsen says:
damn last minute

I love HiH. The last minute band. My first band. :)
Fan mails to eugene5th@gmail.com

2 comments:
spring bro...spring...HiH need another guitarist u know who to call..n its not yuusuke pls..*hint* haha..damn wei, you guys rocked la..lucky felicity let u all on..
wei... where's the vid la... i wanna see...
Post a Comment